I want to regrade my yard. Do I need a permit?

A Grading Permit is needed and can be obtained through the Engineering Department. The city will not allow any grade changes to be made at the property lines without submitting a complete plan for approval.

Show All Answers

1. Which major roads are maintained by the state or county, and which does the city maintain?
2. Do you have a list of survey benchmarks?
3. Who do I contact regarding the city's Sidewalk Program?
4. My final grading is not approved. Why can't I install a fence / pool / shed?
5. My neighbor's sump pump is discharging onto my property. How can I make them stop this?
6. I want to regrade my yard. Do I need a permit?
7. Is my final grading approved?
8. I want to tie my sump pump into the storm structure in my rear yard. Do I need a permit?
9. I am experiencing a drainage problem. What do I do next?
10. How can I determine if a property is within a floodplain?
11. Has my landscaping been approved? When will I receive my refund?